Ready to learn Somatic Sex Therapy?
Somatic-Concentric Sex Therapy Training
Sexuality is a complex and highly socialized aspect of being a fully social, vibrant, and creative human being. Those who are at home in their body and their sexuality tend to be more confident and expressive about their desires and boundaries. They are also more likely to see body changes or sexual issues as opportunities for deeper learning and personal growth, instead of devastating self-confidence or their relationships. Where do we begin to build such personal awareness and confidence? Our clients are bombarded by so many sex- and body-negative messages from cultural, familiar, and religious sources that it is hard to know where to begin!
This online course offers an integrated, socially-just, and trauma-informed method to support your client's sexual and intimate lives. With the foundation of Sex Therapy with Somatic Psychotherapy and Dance/Movement Therapy, this method traverses the many layers of the self. Participants will learn to evaluate the relationship between the somatic self and all the important social arenas that influence how we inhabit and express ourselves. This body-based journey will show you how to integrate the exciting and easeful aspects of sexuality with the unconscious and fractured aspects, allowing for an integrative exploration and discovery of a whole-bodied erotic self.
Meet your instructors! Lead instructor: Melissa Walker & Assistant instructor: Anna Mayer
Over 3 weekends, you will learn how to incorporate somatic sex therapy into your work with clients through presentation of the theory, experientials, group discussion, and practice.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
* Understand and articulate a somatic approach to sex therapy
* Support your clients to develop a more confident and loving relationship with their erotic body
* Assess a client's sexual problems using an integrated clinical somatic tool that incorporates the impact of their sociocultural location.
* Address common presenting sexual problems such as desire difference, low arousal/desire, anorgasmia, or erectile dysfunction.
* Apply this somatic model to working with monogamous/non-monogamous/polyamorous relationships and LGBTQIA clients.
* Apply this model to kinky clients.
* Apply this model to clients who have experienced trauma such as assault or relational abuse.
* Navigate ethical dilemmas that arise in therapy
* Support your clients to craft their own supportive community & therapeutic team
February 19th, 2022, 930 am - 530 pm:
Somatic-Concentric Sex Therapy Foundations
March 12th, 2022, 930 am - 530 pm:
Assessment and Interventions
April 23rd, 2022, 930 am - 530 pm
Ethics and presentation of case conceptualizations
3-Module course with 21 CE hours: $975 for professionals and $775 for students.